[SOLVED] HP Pavilion m6 here... black screen on display when turned on.

Jan 19, 2019
Hello, i've got a problem with my hp pavilion m6 here and I'm wondering if you can help me solve it.

Whenever I click the power button on the laptop with the power adapter on, it boots up and all but the display doesn't show anything, it's just black, there's no sign of it being turned on.

I tried doing a hard reset, removing the battery and holding down the power button for 60 seconds, then putting the battery back and restarting it again. It worked for a few minutes, and I could access the laptops settings, but then it went black again, and I couldn't replicate it.

Appreciate your help if you can.

Solution
Actually, I was just looking at a video for your laptop. It might be simpler for you to disconnect the display screen at the screen itself ... this would save you having to open the laptop itself and since there's a high probability the screen is the problem ... it would have to be done at some point anyway ... here's the video. After you have the screen removed, hook up an external, turn the external on, and boot up ... external display should now have a signal. Here's the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crdvkoFt_6U
Jan 19, 2019

No, I tried connecting it to an external monitor using an HDMI and VGA cable. No success.

Ok ... so it thinks the (on board) display is ok. A trick that works on HP G6s (I think it will be the same for yours) is ... disconnect the ribbon cable from the monitor (the connector is right under the keyboard) ... plug in an external and start it up ... this should force it to use the external.

Actually, I was just looking at a video for your laptop. It might be simpler for you to disconnect the display screen at the screen itself ... this would save you having to open the laptop itself and since there's a high probability the screen is the problem ... it would have to be done at some point anyway ... here's the video. After you have the screen removed, hook up an external, turn the external on, and boot up ... external display should now have a signal. Here's the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crdvkoFt_6U

Solution