Question Hp pavilion p6000 not posting

Jul 8, 2020
I have an HP pavilion p6000 that will sometimes post but most of the time it will not display. It has a Phenom II x4 830 cpu and 8gb dual channel DDR2 (High density) as well as an HD 7770 1 gb GPU.

the system will only post after resetting the CMOS and will detect everything but will show a warning that says “hard disk failure imminent”. It will then ask you go to into the bios where it will not let you change anything and will cycle between a momentary black screen and the bios before crashing. it will then not display anything until you reset the CMOS and re-seat the CPU.

does anybody know what is going wrong or how to fix this?

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2020
i have already replaced the hdd since I am trying to refurbish it. the computer did not have a hard drive installed when I got it so I put in a 500 gb seagate barracuda drive into it, as I had it and was not using it for any projects.

just to be sure it was not the HDD after what you said, I took it out and tested it again in a different system and the drive was fully functional.

I also reset the Cmos and installed a fresh battery and it still throws up the same errors and unstable behavior.

at this point it may be a bios issue but I am not sure.

TRENDING THREADS