[SOLVED] HP Pavilion p6540f wireless card -- where to find those drivers for W10??

berbes

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2015
Hello. We updated to W10, but I'm having a heck of a time finding drivers for the HP Pavilion p6540f wireless card. Went to the HP site, but the robots there say they don't have any drivers for the O/S(!). Where can I find these Realtek drivers for W10?

THANK YOU FOR HELPING US!!

Solution
Hello. We updated to W10, but I'm having a heck of a time finding drivers for the HP Pavilion p6540f wireless card. Went to the HP site, but the robots there say they don't have any drivers for the O/S(!). Where can I find these Realtek drivers for W10?

I upgraded a computer at work from Windows 7 to windows 10, It was an older HP Pavilion. The wireless card in it was so old that there wasn't a Windows 10 driver.

The product page for your computer,
https://support.hp.com/rs-en/document/c02155464

shows that you have an RT3090 card in your computer. Is this correct?

Have you tried googling a Windows 10 driver for that card?

tunghaichuan

Reputable
May 13, 2019

I upgraded a computer at work from Windows 7 to windows 10, It was an older HP Pavilion. The wireless card in it was so old that there wasn't a Windows 10 driver.

The product page for your computer,
https://support.hp.com/rs-en/document/c02155464

shows that you have an RT3090 card in your computer. Is this correct?

Have you tried googling a Windows 10 driver for that card?

Reactions: berbes
Solution

berbes

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2015
thanks SO much!! yesm that is the card. i will try and google that, but i am very suspect of sites that offer drivers...any suggestions for real driver sites that won't give viruses outside of hp?

tunghaichuan

Reputable
May 13, 2019
thanks SO much!! yesm that is the card. i will try and google that, but i am very suspect of sites that offer drivers...any suggestions for real driver sites that won't give viruses outside of hp?

You can check out the download sites by googling if they are safe or not.

Another thought: have you tried using Windows 10's update? There are no Windows 10 updates on the HP website for the Pavilion I upgraded to Win10. Windows update updated most of the drivers on that PC automatically. It might be worth a try before downloading a driver.

Reactions: berbes