Question HP Pavilion Touchpad intermittent and Screen flashing on and off. Does anyone have advice?

Joshuacm

Prominent
Aug 1, 2021
I have a HP Pavilion 15-Au023cl . This past week, the touchpad started becoming lagging at some moments, and intermittent at other times. The screen occasionally flashes on and off, and once seemed to turn on and off. I think that regarding the screen, that it started doing that after a Windows 10 update. It is possible that I may have updated the graphics card. The last one that I have is Intel HD Graphics 520 version 22.20.16.4749. The HP website has an NVidia driver from 2018, and an intel HD Graphics driver from 2018, but it doesn't say 520, so I am not sure that the latter one is for the same card. I also do not know why it says NVidia when my system does not even mention NVidia. Any advice would be appreciated.

Joshuacm

Prominent
Aug 1, 2021
With older equipment I’ve found that either the original driver or whatever Microsoft installs works best. One or the other should work. — GeorgeIP —
If that is the case, do you have any idea what might be the problem? I had read that someone else had a similar problem with the screen, and it seemed to them that it had happened after a Windows update, but for the touch pad, it seemed like it was a hardware issue for someone that had that issue.