HP pavilion touchsmart 14-b164tu malfunctioning keyboard

Bench Sarmiento

Honorable
Apr 16, 2013
Hi,

I have this problem with my laptop, the touchscreen and keyboard are not working properly. Sometimes they function well but most of the time they malfunction, as example when I use the down arrow key the window that is opened is minimized. Another is that, when i hit the 1 button the help window pops up, "e", "r", and "b" button doesn't work. Even when I don't do anything it pops up the "run" window.

At first I thought that it needs update, so I updated the driver and even updated the windows cause I heard that windows 8 is a little buggy. BUt still the problem persist.

NEED HELP ASAP!!!

Here's the link for the specs including the OS:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03716121&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5375735

Bench Sarmiento

Honorable
Apr 16, 2013
UPDATE

I reseated the keyboard from it's socket and restored the laptop to a previous point that the keyboard was working properly, and it worked for a while then it goes back to same problem. Then I shut it down and came back at it in the morning and it works fine. I updated everything too after that and it still working fine.

Out of curiousity, what seems to be the problem? Is it a software bug or a hardware malfunction?