Question HP Pavillion does not boot up

Mar 28, 2019
Okay so I used my laptop last night and it wad all good, i shut it down the normal way. Now in the morning when I start it up, the screen lights up but the HP logo doesn't pop up.
It just stays there doing nothing at all, the fans spin, the wif led and caps lock led turns on when pressed.
I tried hard reset, reseating the memory modules and I tried pressing the shortcut to goto BIOS and bios loads up with no problem.

I tried pressing fn + f11 for system recovery but it just stays on please wait for mins.

I really need help, I cant find an extetnal monitor and I dont think its a display issue. Is my OS bad? because everything seems to work just fime but it doesnt boot up

I'm using a win8.1 copy

McKeu

Proper
Mar 27, 2019
I would probably try to boot from a bootable USB stick or CD and see if that works. Doesn't honestly matter, if it boots you into DOS, Windows or Linux, as it is just for testing.
If that works without issues, then it might indeed be an OS issue, although it would be odd to affect the HP logo being displayed. Might also be an HDD issue.

P.S.: And yes ... I consider Windows 8 to be bad :)

D

Deleted member 14196

check this HP support thread for possible solutions, in once case, a user just had to hold down the power button for 10 seconds and do a power reset, and it worked. there are other tips as well

but you can probably expect to need a tech to look at it if you can't fix it by the above mentioned method and these tips below

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktops-Archive-Read-Only/Desktop-Stuck-at-the-HP-logo-screen/td-p/1449281?source=aw&subacctid=264419&subacctname=FlexOffers.com, LLC&awc=7168_1553774110_03538a7732f4b51ea937430e04c62c65&jumpid=af_gen_nc_ns&utm_medium=af&utm_source=aw&utm_campaign=FlexOffers.com, LLC

McKeu

Proper
Mar 27, 2019
I also remember it having a debug LED on or next to the caps lock key, as I used to have a Pavillon myself.
Does it give you any flashing or is it lit up?

McKeu

Proper
Mar 27, 2019
original