Hp pavillion dv6000 cd drive not working

G

Hello,

I have a hp pavillion dv6000. I'm beginning to have some trouble with it and it's upsetting me.

First, my battery is only lasting 30 - 45 minutes at a time. As a college student I absolutely need to fix this problem.

Second, my cd drive is not showing up, nor is it ejecting when it does work. I have installed itunes and I have researched how to fix it with no success.

Third, when I shut down my computer and then turn it back on, it shows up with a black screen. It will be that way for 10 minutes or until I restart it.

My boyfriend and another friend have had this exact same computer and theirs started showing these signs before it finally died.

I do not have any viruses and I have a virus scanner that has not detected any viruses or anything like that.

Please help!!!

For the CD drive, I'm not sure what you mean by "not showing up" but if you put a disk in the drive, and the computer does not recognize it, then what operating system?
The battery, is defective. The operating system as you have described is corrupted, black screen until restarted.
sounds like the best solution is to have HP repair it or replace it. It's going to cost some bucks to replace the battery and reload the operating system.

nee raj

Honorable
May 31, 2012
I have a hp pavillion dv6000. I'm beginning to have some trouble with it and it's upsetting me.

First, my battery is only lasting 30 - 45 minutes at a time. As a college student I absolutely need to fix this problem.

Second, my cd drive is not showing up, nor is it ejecting when it does work. I have installed itunes and I have researched how to fix it with no success.

I do not have any viruses and I have a virus scanner that has not detected any viruses or anything like that.

Please help!!!