Question Hp pavillion g6 laptop is overheating for no reason.

Jul 17, 2019
Laptop is super clean inside. I've also changed the fan, thinking it's the fan problem. But even after changing the fan, laptop just shuts down, while doing little multitasking.
And yes, thermal paste is correctly applied, be sure for this. When in use, fan just start to run at it's maximum speed and then it shuts down. In HWmonitor I see my idle temp is package:-66 C and Core:-116C

Is it permanent motherboard failure or heat sensor failure? Is heat sensor giving false reading of temepreture.

JeckeL

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009
Some folks have reported success changing processor power settings (assuming you're running windows)

https://superuser.com/questions/655...-overheat-shutdown-due-to-broken-sensors-in-w

Changing system cooling policy worked with my Acer Travelmate 5742ZG. It was shutting down in random occasions after starting some of the installed programs.

1. Open the Control Panel
  2. Select Power Options
  3. Click on Change plan settings next to the plan that is currently selected.
  4. Click on Change advanced power settings
  5. Scroll down to Processor Power Management and click the + to expand
  6. Change System Cooling Policy to Passive
  7. Click Apply

Doesn't sound extremely promising but worth a try. Also might want to poke around BIOS 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: AdityarRock
Jul 17, 2019
This trick will reduce the processor power but don't resolve the actual problem.
I am right now, using very cheap thermal paste. I'll change that with branded one , hoping that will help.
thanks

TRENDING THREADS