HP Pavillion G60 Bios Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcronin

Reputable
Nov 10, 2015
Ok folks. I stopped in my friends house for a visit to repair all the broken goodies and do a Win 10 upgrade on their machines.

I have the HP G60 519WM that was requesting a bios update through HP Support Assistant. He did have a non recognized battery in this machine and did some reading to see that Bios flash may solve the problem.

Downloaded the file from HP let Assistant Run the Flash and walked away from the machine. Found it hung in the flashing utility after 2 hours. Waited as long as I could before I had to pull the plug.

Now I have no boot, power LED and what appears only to be the CHARGE light in th elower left of the palm rest to constantly blink. 1 second on, one off. No apparent sequence referring to trouble codes off the HP website. I can hear fans on high sometmes and I also get a brief flicker of the inverter and I can see an unlit HP logo on the screen for a few moments.

I am pulling my hair out on this one. I know it is a bad bios flash but I am having trouble getting the correct procedure to re flash this thing.

I have pulled AC Adapter, battery and even Cmos battery for around an hour and tried the WIN + B key while holding the power button before inserting the AC power. I dont see any life after about 20 minutes so I assume I am not doing something right.

Hopefully someone is a Pro on this one and can get me in the right direction. Hate to leave this one to have to come back and try this agian when I have more time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS