[SOLVED] HP Pavillion laptop running slow

Feb 27, 2022
Good afternoon,
My laptop has been running slow since yesterday andI cannot seem to determine why. I noticed it wouldn't buffer videos from youube/netflix. The CPU is running at 99%. I ran it through disk cleanup and it is still running slow. I am asking what should I do.

jacare

Solution
Assuming you did a simple reboot already, if the CPU is at full usage without you running any programs, first step is to do a virus/malware scan, try Malwarebytes, that works well. Also open task manager and see what programs are using the CPU.

If you have not done a clean Windows setup since 2015, maybe a good idea to do a wipe and reload on it. Make sure you have backups of all your files and settings/favorites.
Feb 27, 2022
exact model of this hp?
how full is the ssd?
malware scan?
check cpu temp?

Thank you for such a quick response. In answer to your questions,

HP Pavillion Notebook
I opened Task Manager and I have HDD fluctuating between 60-70%
I did a scan last night and no virus detected (Avast).
Not sure how to check the cpu temperature.

Assuming you did a simple reboot already, if the CPU is at full usage without you running any programs, first step is to do a virus/malware scan, try Malwarebytes, that works well. Also open task manager and see what programs are using the CPU.

If you have not done a clean Windows setup since 2015, maybe a good idea to do a wipe and reload on it. Make sure you have backups of all your files and settings/favorites.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS