Apr 6, 2020
Hello Everyone,
I have Hp-8300 CMT system with Intel i5-3470, 8-GB ram(4 x 2 dimms ) and Sapphire RX 560 4 GB.
Yesterday, I restarted my PC but it didn't give any display on the monitor. And after 20-30 seconds PSU fans started to make roaring noises like running at full speed.
I restarted many times but it didn't help. I also replaced RAMs and also removed GPU. None of it worked. I also checked all wires to make sure they were in place.
When, I removed all of the Rams, turning on gave beeps and red light , But putting them back (Even one after another) just didn't work.
And now, it isn't even starting. When I plug in power cable, only motherboard's LED glows yellow. But PC does not starts on pushing power button. None of the fans are now rotating anymore. I have tried removing HDD and rams but nothing is working. I have also checked cables from PSU and also have rewired them but nothing seems to resolve this issue.
As all of us are quarantined, it is unbearable to see myself going through it without my PC. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2020
What I did then was not only the battery. There was a mobile covering (mb jumper they call it) thing that I pulled up, and after this putting it back on a pin, similar to the ones, that are for usbs, xtra audio and etc. Like this:
https://www.google.com/search?q=mot...mg&ei=PFSLXrHvCc7O_QbV4Y3gDA&bih=723&biw=1536

Right now I have removed it. I prefer my system without this thingy.
I have looked on my motherboard and I haven't seen it. HP-8300 CMT doesn't have it. There is only a cmos battery and button to reset which I did.
So far I have tried many things to get it working but it stuck after turning on, no display at all.

What I would do next would be to remove the video card and try to go with the integrated graphics with the usual cable between the mobo and the monitor. Yep, cable's gotta be working, if u feel unsure, u can try with another. I think u said u did this, but did u do this after the bios reset?
A monitor issue is not completely excluded. If u push the monitor's buttons, with or without cable to mobo, does it show anything?
Once I had something similar, and after 2-3 restarts and installing latest drivers it all worked in all ways. It was something probably related to the drivers or the fact I used the cable for 2 screens the same time (2vga, 1-dms-59 cable).

Apr 6, 2020
What I would do next would be to remove the video card and try to go with the integrated graphics with the usual cable between the mobo and the monitor. Yep, cable's gotta be working, if u feel unsure, u can try with another. I think u said u did this, but did u do this after the bios reset?
A monitor issue is not completely excluded. If u push the monitor's buttons, with or without cable to mobo, does it show anything?
Once I had something similar, and after 2-3 restarts and installing latest drivers it all worked in all ways. It was something probably related to the drivers or the fact I used the cable for 2 screens the same time (2vga, 1-dms-59 cable).
I have Dell 2411h monitor and it is working fine with my laptop. I have also tried my PC with LED TV but it does not give any display. I have tried it with GPU but at the first , I try to remove extra load such as wlan card and GPU. I have run it on integrated graphics but it doesn't help.
It is not simply giving display and after some time PSu fans become loud.

Apr 6, 2020
I think this mobo has output(s) for other type of cable for display, too. If it doesn't work with the 1st type of output, it may work with the 2nd.
It may be an issue with the motherboard, or with the power supply.
There is only VGA port on the mobo which I am using. I reset the CMOS again and this time It showed a mesage that boot configurations are changed. It said press F1 to boot, which I did, but then there was no display. PC resatrted itself and then after some time PSU fans again became LOUD.