Question HP PC is shutting off randomly ?

hephaistos

Reputable
Feb 23, 2018
Hello forum, I seem to have a pretty severe issue with my hp elitedesk 800 whatever pc, which contains the following specs:
Gtx 1650
I5-4590
Some brand hp mobo
Brand hp 240w psu
1*8gb ram

I got this pc from my team mate and put an ssd and a hdd in it and put it up for sale. After 2 weeks of waiting someone bought it, brought it back the next day with the pc restarting whenever he opened a browser. Aight, checked it, reinstalled windows, switched ram slot, had some issues on the way, like a 5 minute period where the pc wouldn't start at all, but it got fixed with removing everything. After that the computer seemed to run smooth, ran some benchmarks, the man was satisfied and he took the pc, brought it back 2 hours later with no display issue. I gave him his cash back :(. Tried the pc myself, I got display, but over the coursw of a 10 minute testing, it shut off twice for no reason. Seems to do it only when a program is running. (Any program, although we got onw crash on desktop as well) What could the cause of this issue be? Any help is greatly appreciated.