HP Photosmart 2610 drive letter

Dimension 4300 XPHome SP2

I have two internal drives and five external drives. I installed the HP
software with the external drives off. I then rebooted and finished the
install and then powered up the external drives. The HP took the drive
letter K: which was my first USB external drive and that bumped all the
external drive letters up.

Is there anyway to assign a permanent drive letter to the HP (which would be
P:) after all of the external drives are on? Or since it needs a drive
letter because it is a card reader, it will take whatever drive letter is
available?

HP suggested the only way to avoid taking one of the drive letters for my
external drives is to boot up with the external drives powered on and then
turn on the HP. This is no big inconvenience but was just wondering.

Thanks
Bob

Right click on my computer and choose manage
Choose disk management
Right click, in the right panel, on the HP and choose Change Drive letter
Pick a new letter that's high in the alphabet.

OK out.

That's it
"Leanin' Cedar" <Nospam@nospam.org> wrote in message
> Dimension 4300 XPHome SP2
>
> I have two internal drives and five external drives. I installed the HP
> software with the external drives off. I then rebooted and finished the
> install and then powered up the external drives. The HP took the drive
> letter K: which was my first USB external drive and that bumped all the
> external drive letters up.
>
> Is there anyway to assign a permanent drive letter to the HP (which would
> be P:) after all of the external drives are on? Or since it needs a drive
> letter because it is a card reader, it will take whatever drive letter is
> available?
>
> HP suggested the only way to avoid taking one of the drive letters for my
> external drives is to boot up with the external drives powered on and then
> turn on the HP. This is no big inconvenience but was just wondering.
>
> Thanks
> Bob

I take it that my instructions worked?

> Tom;
>
> Thanks again,
> Bob

Perfectly.
Thanks Again;
Part of the problem is too many external drives and I had a problem sorting
them out LOL. the HP was just showing as a removable drive.

Bob
>I take it that my instructions worked?
> "Leanin' Cedar" <Nospam@nospam.org> wrote in message
>>
>> Tom;