Question Printer prints the test page but nothing else ?

UFRanger

Distinguished
May 26, 2014
Printer model: HP Photosmart 7525

It prints the test page, but nothing else. Says it has the latest driver installed, and I checked it from the DVD that came with it, (unless there is a new one I don't know about) it now gives me error messages when i try to print something.

I've used it on this laptop for a while, and now this. I love this machine cause it is one of the few that prints at 9600 x 2400dpi, and I really don't want to find another one, but i will if nothing can be done.
There's no yellow [! ] symbol in the device manager next to the printer, but there are some next to the PCI stuff. Could that be the cause?

Please and Thank You

Last edited:

UFRanger

Distinguished
May 26, 2014
Sounds like some sort of connection issue with your laptop. How is it connected (wired/wireless)? Have your tried resetting that connection? This is something I often have to do with my HP printer.

-Wolf sends
Wired USB cable like i've always used.
I just put in a new hard drive w windows 10 already on it, but that still doesn't explain why the test and diagnostic pages print but nothing else

Wolfshadw

Titan
Wired USB cable like i've always used.
I just put in a new hard drive w windows 10 already on it, but that still doesn't explain why the test and diagnostic pages print but nothing else
If the new hard drive already had Win10 installed onto it before you installed it into your laptop, that will almost always lead to some strange issues. The test and diagnostic pages are printing because they come from the printer software. There is some sort of disconnect between the software and the data you want to print.

Simplest solution:
1) Back up your data.
2) Format the OS drive and reinstall Windows while installed in the laptop.
3) Reinstall the printer and software.
4) Restore your data.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran

TRENDING THREADS