HP PRINTER DRIVER NOT A WEBSHOP

dreuzel

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
I've a HUGE problem with my HP printer, IT IS HEAVILY INVADING MY MACHINE SETTINGS

It used to take months before HP came out with driver software for the C6200 on win 7
NOw theve killed all options in the instalatio And I'm BOMADRDED WITH MALWARE AND SPAM
From HP to buy an use HP STUFF ( I REFUSED SINCE AGES ANY SERVICE OR BUYING ANY HP COMPUTER
for the same problem)
BUt now it is extremely arogant

IT TAKES OVER :
MY BROWSER
MY DOUNLOADING OF FOTO'S
MY SHOPS WHER I WANT TO BUY THINKS

THis all in exhcange for ....... PRODUCTS AND LOWSY SERVICE

Is there a way to install the printer scanner an NOT HAVE ALL THIS ....
As one removes the stupid commercial ...... it takes away the driver as well....
PRINTING IS NOT A TOY STORRY

For the same reason I professionaly BLOCK all further HP ordering !!!

Just looking for a simple PRINTER DRIVER NOT A WHOLE HP SHOP_!!!!!
-SCANNER SUPPORT
-PRINT SUPPORT

G

From what you say HP seem to have little regard for their customers, seeing them merely as cash cows. I'm afraid that the market has been moving that way for the past 20 years.

And the computer industry has shown itself to be at the forefront of any new bad behaviour.

I once worked in Customer Relations for a large toy manufacturer and was chided by the Managing Director for giving a snippy reply to a complaint letter that was obviously silly. His advice was merely to send a replacement but, also, a bonus gift. He felt that if they'd conned us they would, particularly, tell all their friends how well we stood behind our products -- and the actual cost to us at factory prices was negligible.

These days a complaint will, as likely as not, be ignored or receive a bland refusal to help unless the complaint is accompanied by a clear and realistic threat of legal action.

If you believe that HP has downloaded invasive and irrelevant material to your computer such that it impairs its performance I would write to them to that effect and demand a solution, on threat that you will have the machine repaired by a dealer and take them to the small claims court for the cost of that -- or a refund on the price of the printer/scanner.

I think you have a good case because you have paid them for a printer or scanner and the software for it is an essential part of the deal. You might argue that you cannot use the printer or scanner because the drivers include unwanted rubbish that affects the performance of your computer.

Sony got into a real PR and legal mess a few years ago when it was found that their music CDs, when played on a computer, installed rootkit malware on the user's system.