[SOLVED] HP PRO DESK 600 G1 SFF Aftermarket heatsink will fit??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tazman2018

Commendable
Feb 7, 2018
Got this desktop PC with its stock Heatsink/cpu cooler. (Cooler Master)

Took the MB out tried in the new case to realise that there isn't a back plate for the Heatsink/cpu cooler to sit in.

In the old case the bracket that holds the heatsink/cpu cooler is chassis part of the case meaning the case it self.

Tried intel standard Heatsink/cpu cooler doesn't fit as its square, the holes on the MB are in a rectangular shape.

Wanted to know what Heatsink/cpu cooler with back plate would fit this board.

https://www.empowerlaptop.com/p/hp-795972-001-motherboard-w1711-2

Jun 13, 2020
Still waiting on power supply & GPU, so only had it running for an hour or so to get Windows 10 installed, updated, and tinker a bit (using original PSU & onboard video). It's set aside until PSU & GPU are on hand in a week or so - an inexpensive OEM Thermaltake 600W 80+ Gold unit, and a used Sapphire RX570 4GB. Putting together a super budget rig capable of decent gaming experience for a friend using a generic mATX case I had on hand, the COMeap 24-pin ATX to HP power supply adapter found on Amazon ($15), and a spare SSD & HDD I had sitting unused.

End specs will be:
Motherboard:
HP ProDesk 600 G1 mATX
CPU: Intel Core i5-4590
RAM: 16GB (4GB x4) DDR3-1600
GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX570 4GB
PSU: Thermaltake 600W 80+ Gold non-modular (PS-TTP-0600NNFAGU-1)
Case: Generic mATX (old "Systemax" branded case)
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
HDD: Not sure yet, I have a few older 1TB/2TB varieties I'll test and put one in

Should be a ripper for little money, with a pretty good quality power supply ensuring everything should likely function well for a long time. Will probably price this at around $300 including my time to gather everything & build.

I cleaned the CPU & heatsink w/ isopropyl alcohol and applied Arctic Silver MX-4 before reattaching the heatsink. CPU is an i5-4590.

While Windows updates were installing, CPU usage in the 35-50% range, doing normal browser-related searches etc..., CPU temps were in the 50C range using HWMonitor, and the heatsink fan was inaudible (to me). System was nice and snappy with a 250GB Samsung 850 EVO.

Status
Not open for further replies.