[SOLVED] HP PRO DESK 600 G1 SFF stress test hitting 90c.

tazman2018

Commendable
Feb 7, 2018
Removed mb from stock case and placed in a new case (CORSAIR) managed to get the stock cooler on, removed old paste and put new paste mx-4 did a stress test with PRIME95 got temps up to 90c should I be concerened?

CPU I5 4570

Solution
Anything that can handle a 4570 will be fine--even the stock Intel one.
I bought one of these computers for my nephew and had to reseat the CPU to fix a boot looping issue. The cooler didn't look like it used the normal LGA 1151 mounting layout. It looked more like AM3, so if I'm right, it means either the OP will have to try using an AM3 compatible rear bracket or they can't use an after market cooler without modifications to it.

Edit - This issue was already brought up tazman2018 and they already knew it wasn't the same as stock cooler layout. https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...g1-sff-aftermarket-heatsink-will-fit.3604832/

tazman2018

Commendable
Feb 7, 2018
Everything is stock straight from the MB. The cooler and the cpu.

All ive done is take it out from its old case and put into new one.

Its not a standard cooler like intels square shape.

It’s rectangular 10cmx8cm wondered if hyper evo 212 would fit.

A lot of prebuilt systems have certain airflows built into the case to work in conjunction with their cooler. If you've moved cases, you probably should change to a different cooler too. The baseplate may still work with something else, but it's best to just change it all. This is one of the reasons it doesn't make sense to try to transplant a prebuilt--too many little things drive up the cost.

Anything that can handle a 4570 will be fine--even the stock Intel one.
I bought one of these computers for my nephew and had to reseat the CPU to fix a boot looping issue. The cooler didn't look like it used the normal LGA 1151 mounting layout. It looked more like AM3, so if I'm right, it means either the OP will have to try using an AM3 compatible rear bracket or they can't use an after market cooler without modifications to it.

Edit - This issue was already brought up tazman2018 and they already knew it wasn't the same as stock cooler layout. https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...g1-sff-aftermarket-heatsink-will-fit.3604832/

Solution
Gotcha. Well, then you need to find the HP technical guide for the system which should have a part number listing in the back. Then you can check if there is more than one part number for the cpu heatsink (my bet is that there is). Then find out which one your have and it's the other one you probably need and it will be like $10 used on ebay. :)