hp pro wont except ram upgrade

derekreidpm

Prominent
Feb 9, 2018
hi all, i cant get my hp pro 3120 mt to except more than 4gb of ram, it is a 64bit pc so it is capable of an upgrade to 8gb. tried 4x2gb and 2x4gb all hynix 10600 sticks. wont even except 2x2gb
i have 1x2gb and 2x1gb and thats the only way i can get it to work for 4gb. i also cant seem to increase the voltage in bios. thanks for any help in advance

Solution
If certain modules won't work together (including after clearing the CMOS?), then it's likely you have modules that simply won't "play nice" with one another - it's a risk with 'mixing and matching' RAM modules, and happens all too often, unfortunately.

All I can suggest would be to find a matching retail kit of 4x2GB - that should work successfully.

derekreidpm

Prominent
Feb 9, 2018

hi barty1884 thanks for reply, im using x64, pc wont boot, get short and long memory beeps

derekreidpm

Prominent
Feb 9, 2018

ya all dimm and dimm slots work, and ya there is only certain models that will take 2x4gb

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
If certain modules won't work together (including after clearing the CMOS?), then it's likely you have modules that simply won't "play nice" with one another - it's a risk with 'mixing and matching' RAM modules, and happens all too often, unfortunately.

All I can suggest would be to find a matching retail kit of 4x2GB - that should work successfully.

Solution