Question HP Probook 4520s Battery Problem

RTechT

Reputable
Aug 27, 2020
Hi! I recently purchased a HP Probook 4520s second-hand, and installed a 500GB HDD and 8GB RAM and Windows 10 x64. It works fine plugged in but the second I plug it out the battery time drops to 45/30 minutes in the Windows taskbar and the battery decreases rapidly. The system also becomes very unresponsive and borderline unusable when unplugged. This is making the laptop very unusable. Help would be appreciated!

Lutfij

Titan
I recently purchased a HP Probook 4520s second-hand
The first thing you should do in your instance is to see if replacing the battery helps alleviate the issue. If you're able to get the laptop looked at, at a service center, you should look at the power delivery/circuitry area of the laptop's motherboard in case there might be any anomalies on said motherboard.

Can you check and see what the rams are in your laptop? As for your laptop, you should've gone with an SSD to replace the HDD in said laptop.

RTechT

Reputable
Aug 27, 2020
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll definitely get it checked out! But I don't understand why the computer gets unresponsive when it's just (supposedly) the battery