Question HP ProBook 4530s says "no bootable device" BUT ONLY AFTER RESTART ?

May 4, 2022
Good day all,

I have this very peculiar problem and I hope someone will know how to fix this. PLEASE READ EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU TRY TO ANSWER.
I have HP ProBook 4530s which runs perfectly fine but the one and only problem is when you RESTART it, it says "no bootable device 3F0 "
Here is list of everything you need to know.

• This is not the only laptop that has this problem, other older HP laptops have it too.
  • HDD is new.
  • Windows 10 clean install with drivers.
  • BIOS up to date.
  • This happens only when you RESTART Windows. When that happens I just turn it of forcefully and then it starts normally.
  • When you shutdown Windows it starts without problems.
  • This only happens when you make a clean install of Windows.
Maybe it's some kind of Windows update that make this problem I dont know.

Thanks for every advice. Have a nice day.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

This is not the only laptop that has this problem, other older HP laptops have it too.
You might want to mention the make and models of the other laptops as well.

Windows 10 clean install with drivers.
What version(not edition) of Windows 10 are you working with and where did you source the installer for said OS? TO add, considering that the laptop stated in thread title doesn't officially support Windows 10, how did you install the drivers for the laptop when on Windows 10?

May 4, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

This is not the only laptop that has this problem, other older HP laptops have it too.
You might want to mention the make and models of the other laptops as well.

Windows 10 clean install with drivers.
What version(not edition) of Windows 10 are you working with and where did you source the installer for said OS? TO add, considering that the laptop stated in thread title doesn't officially support Windows 10, how did you install the drivers for the laptop when on Windows 10?
Right now I am using 21H2 but it doesnt matter what version I am using its still the same.
Source of the OS is official Microsoft website.
Drivers are from official HP website.
I know drivers are not exactly up to date but they always works. Even if you download drivers for W7 they still works perfectly fine.
Weird is I almost got it working but then I installed HotKeys and that was the end. So I did new clean Windows installation and did exactly the same but it started even sooner when I installed other drivers that worked normally before.
Another thing is when you start HP System Diagnostics and try to start Hard Disk Test it says Disk not Installed. But when you shut it down via power button then it starts normally.

Like I said this happened only in older HP laptops unfortunately I dont have the other laptops and remember only one and its ProBook 4540s.