Question HP ProBook 650 G1 power button lights up for 5 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hextus

Commendable
Aug 8, 2017
Hello, so when I have replaced motherboard in my laptop for the first time and I tried to boot it up the power button was blinking and nothing happened. Then I have received second motherboard because they thought the first one was dead. Now when I try to boot it up the power button lights up for 5 seconds and again nothing happens, fan is not spinning. What can be the problem? Thanks!

Hextus

Commendable
Aug 8, 2017
Who is "they" your friends or repair shop? What was the original problem before 1st motherboard swap , 5 blink code is "system board failure"
I bought it from ebay and now they want from me to sent it back and I will get refund but I would rather want to fix this laptop. The original motherboard was dead. No blinks, nothing. I didn't said 5 blinks, I said the power button lights up for 5 seconds when I press it so that is 1 blink I would say?

Remove power cable and battery. Disassembly until you see power button cable connector, remove it (this one : https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-ProBook-Button-6050A2581501-738701-001/dp/B07NPTZRKL )
after you get to front cover (follow this video :
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8gCTE3eOEU
) you can see cable leading to power button at 8min15sec. , then keyboard , be very careful with connectors, dont use anything metallic when you disassembly only plastic (credit card or something like that or just fingers)

Stop at 10.00minute , you can see battery back (cmos battery) south on the board, remove the cmos battery from the connector. Keep ram memory in its place, now check everything is looking okay and that nothing is shorted or touching the motherboard, plugin external monitor to VGA or HDMI port, then plugin power cable it should boot up without power button since CMOS is removed. If you get picture on main screen or external then power button board is damaged just buy new one from ebay/aliexpress/amazon. It also might be keyboard shorted out you can test it. Remove power cable ALWAYS when you touch any connectors.

Reactions: Hextus
Have you tried another ram?

Try To disassembly the motherboard out of the case, insert only dc Jack cable. Remove even the fan connector and all the other connectors. Leave the motherboard To non conductive surface like wood en table Or plastic. Remove cmos battery. Then plugin first external monitor cable then power cable and see if it boots

Reactions: Hextus
Status
Not open for further replies.