HP ProBook 6555b overheating after switching mainboard

bugmenotplz

Reputable
Apr 13, 2014
Recently my HP ProBook 6555b just turned of with a black screen. Due to the backlight still working, I thought, it might be a motherboard-failure. So I bought a cheap replacement-board from E-Bay and replaced it. And the ProBook started as normal.
But now, the CPU is getting overloaded very quick. Even so that it gets too hot and the ProBook shuts itself of. The fan is mostly silent, except if the CPU-usage is high for about one minute, when it goes to full maximum. The air coming out is warm and the fan has been cleaned from dust while replacing the mainboard. The thermal compound has been switched. The BIOS is up to date, even though msinfo32 shows BIOS-version F.60 10.11.2015 while the most recent version on the hp-website is F.60 Rev.A (30. Nov. 2015), but when running the installer it says, that it is the same version.
I don't know what to do now. It has been running cool with the dusty fan before the mainboard-replacement, but now its getting hot.

bugmenotplz

Reputable
Apr 13, 2014

Well, it was the only motherboard I could find, and it was the right model and workes so far, apart from the overheating-problem. Also I couldn't find any new motherboards, as the notebook is pretty old now, but I still want to use it.

bugmenotplz

Reputable
Apr 13, 2014

I checked out the website, but the motherboard I need isn't avaliable. And even if it was, I wouldn't buy it, because the motherboard from ebay is working. I'm just not sure, if it's a software-problem, or the processor overheating due to bad heatpipe/thermal compound.

bugmenotplz

Reputable
Apr 13, 2014

Ok, but since that isn't an option, what can I do then, because I really want this notebook to keep working.

TRENDING THREADS