Jimbo832

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2013
Hi all,

I've managed to pickup a HP procure 408 switch for some homelab testing, etc.

Unfortunately it came without a power cable. Would anyone with more electronics know-how be able to identify what sort of adapter I require? Specifically around the plug type?

Ideally I can pickup something universal in NZ, as shipping from states is expensive if I were to buy a OEM spare.

The OEM part number is: 5188-6700
The adapter specs are 12V DC, 1.25A

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=c02692975&docLocale=en_US

Image of the genuine OEM power adapter

5188-6700.jpg

Thanks all

Solution
I would agree 10/100 is only worth the scrap metal value. You can get new gigabit switches for about $20.

SO if you have a junk box of old power supplies maybe you could find something.

Your first task is to find a power supply that puts out 12 volts at least at 1.25amps. The voltage must match but the amps can be higher but not lower.
Next is to find a plug connector that will fit. There are not a lot of sizes so maybe you get lucky and the power supply with the right voltage has the correct plug. Otherwise you do some cut and splicing to get the proper parts. Be careful most plugs have the + size on the center try to get a better photo of the power supply so you know if the center is + or -

kanewolf

Titan
Hi all,

I've managed to pickup a HP procure 408 switch for some homelab testing, etc.

Unfortunately it came without a power cable. Would anyone with more electronics know-how be able to identify what sort of adapter I require? Specifically around the plug type?

Ideally I can pickup something universal in NZ, as shipping from states is expensive if I were to buy a OEM spare.

The OEM part number is: 5188-6700
The adapter specs are 12V DC, 1.25A

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=c02692975&docLocale=en_US

Image of the genuine OEM power adapter

5188-6700.jpg

Thanks all
If you have to spend any money, I would say pass. The 408 switches were 10/100 switches. Useful only for doorstops, IMO.

I would agree 10/100 is only worth the scrap metal value. You can get new gigabit switches for about $20.

SO if you have a junk box of old power supplies maybe you could find something.

Your first task is to find a power supply that puts out 12 volts at least at 1.25amps. The voltage must match but the amps can be higher but not lower.
Next is to find a plug connector that will fit. There are not a lot of sizes so maybe you get lucky and the power supply with the right voltage has the correct plug. Otherwise you do some cut and splicing to get the proper parts. Be careful most plugs have the + size on the center try to get a better photo of the power supply so you know if the center is + or -

Solution

TRENDING THREADS