Question HP ProDesk 600 G1 windows upgrade issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrblazingmaniac

Reputable
Nov 4, 2016
My Hp ProDesk 600 G1 SFF disables all USB ports when trying to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 8, 8.1 and 10. I can run a windows upgrade usb from within windows but as soon as the pc reboots I lose all usb ports. I have tried removing all extra hardware from the pc and tried multiple different windows installers on usb drives and disk but with the same result. Please help.

My Hp ProDesk 600 G1 SFF disables all USB ports when trying to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 8, 8.1 and 10. I can run a windows upgrade usb from within windows but as soon as the pc reboots I lose all usb ports. I have tried removing all extra hardware from the pc and tried multiple different windows installers on usb drives and disk but with the same result. Please help.
Known issue with no resolution. During boot the USB ports are toggled, which causes the USB drive to reset, thus losing any installation that was in progress. Those machines must be upgraded via a DVD (internal SATA, not USB).

Mrblazingmaniac

Reputable
Nov 4, 2016
Known issue with no resolution. During boot the USB ports are toggled, which causes the USB drive to reset, thus losing any installation that was in progress. Those machines must be upgraded via a DVD (internal SATA, not USB).

Unfortunately running the upgrade from a DVD yields the same result the my keyboard and mouse function fine as the pc is booting up but as soon as the installer starts running they shut off.

Status
Not open for further replies.