Question HP Proliant ML110 G7 ... Windows 11 or Bin?

Witterings

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2016
I've just retrieved an HP Proliant ML110 G7 Server that's been in storage for over 6 years, does anyone know if I can install Windows 11 on it or how I'd go about finding out if it's possible?

At the moment it won't actually boot up it gets stuck as it's trying to and don't really want to pay for a licence to find it won't.

USAFRet

Titan
I've just retrieved an HP Proliant ML110 G7 Server that's been in storage for over 6 years, does anyone know if I can install Windows 11 on it or how I'd go about finding out if it's possible?

At the moment it won't actually boot up it gets stuck as it's trying to and don't really want to pay for a licence to find it won't.
Knowing the actual specs of this might help determine Win 11 compatibility.

And you can install Win 10 or 11, without purchasing a license. It will be Unactivated, with all the little issues that brings.

Witterings

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2016
Knowing the actual specs of this might help determine Win 11 compatibility.

And you can install Win 10 or 11, without purchasing a license. It will be Unactivated, with all the little issues that brings.

The specs are here
https://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/press_kits/2011/poweryourdream/HP_ProLiant_ML110_G7_Datasheet.pdf

I wouldn't know which imformation was needed just to pick it out and list it myself, it looks as though it was availabl with different processors, the one in mine was the Intel i3 and it had Windows small business server 2011 running on it.

USAFRet

Titan
The specs are here
https://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/press_kits/2011/poweryourdream/HP_ProLiant_ML110_G7_Datasheet.pdf

I wouldn't know which imformation was needed just to pick it out and list it myself, it looks as though it was availabl with different processors, the one in mine was the Intel i3 and it had Windows small business server 2011 running on it.
Those are the general specs of what it might have come with.

But, of these processors...
"Processors supported E3‑1280, E3‑1270, E3‑1240, E3‑1230, E3‑1220, i3‑2120, i3‑2100"

That is far off the bottom of the Win 11 supported list.

What were you thinking of using this for?

Latest posts