beto

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2004

Hey. I recently had some problems and had to perform the Full Recovery
operation on my HP Media Center PC m370n. A few programs had to be
re-installed and one of them happened to be the software that came with my HP
psc 2410. So I put in the CD in the DVD-R drive and it starts going fine,
until an error pops up that says "XX.dll file missing." There was an option
to "Retry" so I clicked on that until it finally worked. This never happened
before, but at least it installed. Well I went into My Computer and below the
Hard drives is a section for all of the removable drives. In that section is
the Floppy Drive, DVD-R, CD Drive, MMC/SD, CompactFlash I/II, SmartMedia, and
MS/MSPro in that order. And they were labeled (A:), (E:), (F:), (G:), (H:),
(I:), (J:). After I re-installed the software, some of the Media Card drives
had the drive letter changed. And the biggest problem was that the DVD-R is
on top and below that is the CD drive on the tower. But when I press the
eject button on my keyboard to open the DVD-R drive, it would open the CD
Drive because they were renamed. Also, the icons to two of the Media Card
drives were now generic looking. I know I can rename the drives manually, but
I want to know if there is anything else I can do, because this never
happened before. I also tried to install the psc 2410 software without the
disc. I downloaded the software from the HP website and supposedly it was
updated so I tried that. I thought since I wasn't using the DVD or CD drives
that it wouldn't rename the drives this time, but nope. It did it again.
Anything I can do? Thanks.

Right click on My Computer and select Manage. On the following screen, click
on Disk Management. You can reassign drive letters here.
www.coribright.com

"beto" <beto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Hey. I recently had some problems and had to perform the Full Recovery
> operation on my HP Media Center PC m370n. A few programs had to be
> re-installed and one of them happened to be the software that came with my
> HP
> psc 2410. So I put in the CD in the DVD-R drive and it starts going fine,
> until an error pops up that says "XX.dll file missing." There was an
> option
> to "Retry" so I clicked on that until it finally worked. This never
> happened
> before, but at least it installed. Well I went into My Computer and below
> the
> Hard drives is a section for all of the removable drives. In that section
> is
> the Floppy Drive, DVD-R, CD Drive, MMC/SD, CompactFlash I/II, SmartMedia,
> and
> MS/MSPro in that order. And they were labeled (A:), (E:), (F:), (G:),
> (H:),
> (I:), (J:). After I re-installed the software, some of the Media Card
> drives
> had the drive letter changed. And the biggest problem was that the DVD-R
> is
> on top and below that is the CD drive on the tower. But when I press the
> eject button on my keyboard to open the DVD-R drive, it would open the CD
> Drive because they were renamed. Also, the icons to two of the Media Card
> drives were now generic looking. I know I can rename the drives manually,
> but
> I want to know if there is anything else I can do, because this never
> happened before. I also tried to install the psc 2410 software without the
> disc. I downloaded the software from the HP website and supposedly it was
> updated so I tried that. I thought since I wasn't using the DVD or CD
> drives
> that it wouldn't rename the drives this time, but nope. It did it again.
> Anything I can do? Thanks.

beto

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2004

Thanks for replying, but perhaps you didn't thoroughly read my post. I know
how to change the drive letters, but I want to know if my computer is
corrupted or if anything is wrong and if there is anything else I could do.