HP Reveals New Gaming Rig and its First 27-Inch AIO PC

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jgutz2006

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
Liquid cooling? + Locked BIOS is like having a ferrari and driving the speed limit. My HP at stock CPU speeds has liquid cooling! hah yours has a HSF! mine runs 5 degrees cooler.

I'm guessing this optional cooler, considering the AMD/Intel Processor options, would be the optional factory liquid cooling... ROFL

extremepcs

Distinguished
May 6, 2008
I'm getting tired of manufacturers pushing 16:9 computer displays on us just so they can save money by getting more panels out of a sheet of raw material. 16:10 looks so much better IMO when working and playing games. Both 24" monitors I have are 16:10 and I hope they last for a long time because they are becoming hard to find.

alextheblue

Distinguished
[citation][nom]archange[/nom]Sweet micro ATX box. I like to do things myself, but this build is rather appealing.[/citation]Micro ATX? I wonder what chipset they're going to be using for the AM3+ variant. I was looking for a mATX board with an AMD 990 chipset, and I couldn't find one last I checked. If they have a custom mATX 990X or 990FX this might be interesting. I still don't think I could bring myself to buy it, but building doesn't make sense for anyone that can't / doesn't want to be their own tech support and warranty department.

legacy7955

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
Props to HP for making an effort to reenter the extreme performance PC market with gamers. Sure a person could build a better unit a bit cheaper but then you don't get the all in one warranty and support that is a big help to MOST PC owners, even gamers.

Not every gamer will want to build their own rig. This is for them.

It is darn nice to see HP seemingly responding to critics in the consumer base ...This hopefully is the start of a better HP.

drpower

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2012
Which card does one choose? The 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M or the 2GB AMD Radeon HD 7650A?

The computer will be playing mostly youtube videos and bluray movies with some light gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.