HP Reveals New Gaming Rig and its First 27-Inch AIO PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
[citation][nom]zankuto[/nom]when I read gaming and FX-8100, I realised there are bigger trolls than the patent trolls.[/citation]
Use Intel or face death? Please. Get over the Bulldozer failure already...the processor still functions.

G

Bulldozer: "It still functions", that will sell some units.

G

@azncracker: Prebuilt systems target people who aren't willing or able to build their own system and will always be more costly than a self-built system. Factor in labor, marketing, support costs, and maybe a bit of profit-padding, and $1149 seems like a reasonable starting price. Although, I'd say an FX-8100 based system is more appealing at the $999 starting price with an i5-2300 at $1149.

This seems like a decent offering from HP, though I

DRosencraft

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
The base $1200 model will reportedly provide a 2.5 GHz Sandy Bridge Core i5-2400S processor, integrated graphics[/i], 6 GB of RAM and two USB 3.0 ports.

How can you call it "gaming rig" with integrated graphics?
Unless you only use it to play farmville you can call it a gaming rig.

That's the AIO PC, the HP Omni 27, which is not mentioned as the gaming option. The gaming pc, the phoenix, has an unspecified high-end discrete graphics card.

I'm interested that it may be the start of a promising trend that the base model on the phoenix pc comes with an SSD. It may still be only a niche desktop, but it should be the startof driving down prices if vendors start sticking SSDs in as the base default option. Or is this their way around the HDD shortage? Or have I just not been looking at pre-built systems in a while?

Tavo_Nova

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
Bulldozer is still good just not as good as other intel but good on it's own, i have both intel i7 2600k and an AMD Bulldozer 8150 both are good just that intel wiped the floor with my AMD just that my AMD with it's core wiped the floor of my intel well work related side, but gaming my intel Blasted my AMD like it was nothing

aznjoka

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2011
The AIO is fairly decent price for it's specs of $1,199.99, but the graphics could use some help then it's certainly a taker for me.

rohitbaran

Distinguished
So, the base model of the Pavillion starting from 1149.99 has HD 7670? I think system builders can include a beefy HD6970 in that cost, while keeping other things balanced.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]mayne92[/nom]Use Intel or face death? Please. Get over the Bulldozer failure already...the processor still functions.[/citation]

yes it still functions but in everyday application gets better use of the phenom line than the use of bulldozer.

I constantly say that bulldozer can work, but it is proper OS integration and it probably needs revision before could ever be used mainstream computer. Putting money into a computer right now, outside of server application or using it for anything else but where it shows clear dominance over the I7 in benchmarks is just stupid, when a phenom can cost as little as $100 for 3 GHz.

[citation][nom]frozonic[/nom]How can you call it "gaming rig" with integrated graphics? Unless you only use it to play farmville you can call it a gaming rig.[/citation]

to their credit, outside of Battlefield 3, witcher 2, and a few other graphically demanding games, and AMD APU can almost always easily put out games of quality graphics. I say what you will about final fantasy 14 but when they demoed the APU on it it pushed impressive looking graphics for integrated.

The thing that integrated is good, and not even touching on Intel's abysmal integrated, but the options have come a long way since what you're thinking.

[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]Dear baby Jesus when are you going to have someone make a 2560 x 1600 30' LED 120hz panel for us adult pc gamers. We are tired of seeing the cheap 1080 panels being put out weekly. Cause 21-23 inches doesnt cut it baby Jesus. Amen.[/citation]

real adults use 1920x1200 and not a 1920x1080.
That said I would really love some cheaper 2560 x 1600 monitors. It doesn't even have to be 120 Hz or LED just under $2000 for anything decent, and probably even under $600, could I just can't justify spending the more than that on a monitor I'm only using for my computer

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
AIO... no thank you. Try fixing, upgrading or modifying that thing.
I'd rather have an ugly big box hidden somewhere full of empty slots, drive bays and dust bunnies :)

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]AIO... no thank you. Try fixing, upgrading or modifying that thing.I'd rather have an ugly big box hidden somewhere full of empty slots, drive bays and dust bunnies :)[/citation]
The people that will buy the AIO, aren't the type of people that concern themselves with being able to upgrade it later....

vancouverboy

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
27" system aiming at gamers aka higher end market, but only 1080p, not 2560p or at least 2560x1440 panel, not even an option?

Hey HP, is that joke?

nycteris

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
HP needs to stay as far away from gaming as they can especially after acquiring Voodoo and disintegrating a 15-year old, respected, high-end PC boutique into basically nothing in 3 years.

nycteris

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
[citation][nom]vancouverboy[/nom]27" system aiming at gamers aka higher end market, but only 1080p, not 2560p or at least 2560x1440 panel, not even an option? Hey HP, is that joke?[/citation]
Have fun trying to run a game at 2560x1440 with integrated graphics or even a single mainstream dedicated video card.

Dacatak

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2011
[citation][nom]stm1185[/nom]Bulldozer: "It still functions", that will sell some units.[/citation]

That's actually not a bad slogan if they can still say that after putting the thing through some SERIOUS punishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.