Question HP Reverb not recognized and problems with new cableV2

mibo46

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009
Hi,
Have had no problems with Reverb G2 for 20 months and only about 50 hours of total use but it never worked with USB C but only with the adapter to USB 3; Then the HP logo did not light up anymore. After all usual checks i could not solve the problem. I then ordered the never cable V2 with the power button. This lit up the G2 but only with USB C it did not work or lit up with USB 3 powered or unpowered hub, But MSFS2020 image is very bad and distorted, no letters can be seen but strangely DCS and Aerofly works but not with the very best image I had before. As the USB 3 ports did not work I bought another adapter and it always says: error0x800402203 Device USB SPEED TOO LOW. I think that my USB are failing and that the motherboard USB type C is not the newest but very tough.
Motherboard: Sabertooth ASUS TUF Z270 MARK 1.
I could try to buy a PCI Express USB card and a better USB C TO USB 3 adapter because the original from HP seems not to work and the one I bought is crap.
PLEASE TELL ME WHICH PCI EXPRESS CARD I HAVE TO CONSIDER AND WHICH ADAPTER. (As not every one functions with Reverb G2)
But give me also some advice of what can be done. HP support for Reverb G 2 is not existing.. Furthermore I am in the Dominican Republic where these kind of problems are impossible to resolve.
Specs: Windows 10 64 bits, rtx3080, ram32, CPU i7-7700 K
motherboard see above,
All USB drivers and window 10 are updated. Did not change driver or chipset of motherboard. It has the originaldriver.
Thanks in advance for your reply and suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator:

mibo46

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009
Hi,
Have had no problems with Reverb G2 for 20 months and only about 50 hours of total use but it never worked with USB C but only with the adapter to USB 3; Then the HP logo did not light up anymore. After all usual checks i could not solve the problem. I then ordered the never cable V2 with the power button. This lit up the G2 but only with USB C it did not work or lit up with USB 3 powered or unpowered hub, But MSFS2020 image is very bad and distorted, no letters can be seen but strangely DCS and Aerofly works but not with the very best image I had before. As the USB 3 ports did not work I bought another adapter and it always says: error0x800402203 Device USB SPEED TOO LOW. I think that my USB are failing and that the motherboard USB type C is not the newest but very tough.
Motherboard: Sabertooth ASUS TUF Z270 MARK 1.
I could try to buy a PCI Express USB card and a better USB C TO USB 3 adapter because the original from HP seems not to work and the one I bought is crap.
PLEASE TELL ME WHICH PCI EXPRESS CARD I HAVE TO CONSIDER AND WHICH ADAPTER, IT MUST SUPPORT 4K(As not every one functions with Reverb G2)
But give me also some advice of what can be done. HP support for Reverb G 2 is not existing.. Furthermore I am in the Dominican Republic where these kind of problems are impossible to resolve.
Specs: Windows 10 64 bits, rtx3080, ram32, CPU i7-7700 K
motherboard see above,
All USB drivers and window 10 are updated. Did not change driver or chipset of motherboard. It has the originaldriver.
Thanks in advance for your reply and suggestions.