[SOLVED] HP Slim S01-pf1013w Graphics Card Upgrade

May 9, 2021
What budget graphics card can I add to the computer? I have the HP Slim HP Slim S01-pf1013w and here are the specs:
Operating system: Ubuntu
Processor: Intel® Celeron® G5900 processor
Memory: 8 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM memory (2 x 4 GB)
Internal Storage: 1 TB 7200RPM SATA hard drive
Graphics: Intel® 610 UHD Graphics

I want to add a graphics card like a 1030 but I don't know if it will fit and if my PSU can support it, may I have help?

Reactions: Bassman999
Solution
Do you have any either recommendations that will fit my PC? I want to be able to record with OBS, run discord, and play War Thunder. But each time I do, OBS tells me that i have a GPU issue, so I want to fix this issue and play games at better graphics settings with more fps.
Are you using a GPU now or onboard graphics from your CPU?
Looks like the Intel 610 is all you have based of the specs you listed.
There arent aa lot of choices for you pc. You have a small case and small power supply.
Ill do some research and see if there's anything else that it can handle.

Bassman999

Prominent
Feb 27, 2021
What budget graphics card can I add to the computer? I have the HP Slim HP Slim S01-pf1013w and here are the specs:
Operating system: Ubuntu
Processor: Intel® Celeron® G5900 processor
Memory: 8 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM memory (2 x 4 GB)
Internal Storage: 1 TB 7200RPM SATA hard drive
Graphics: Intel® 610 UHD Graphics

I want to add a graphics card like a 1030 but I don't know if it will fit and if my PSU can support it, may I have help?
A 1030 should fit fine and the PSU should be strong enough to support it also no external PCIe cables necessary.

May 9, 2021
A 1030 should fit fine and the PSU should be strong enough to support it also no external PCIe cables necessary.

Do you have any either recommendations that will fit my PC? I want to be able to record with OBS, run discord, and play War Thunder. But each time I do, OBS tells me that i have a GPU issue, so I want to fix this issue and play games at better graphics settings with more fps.

Bassman999

Prominent
Feb 27, 2021
Are you using a GPU now or onboard graphics from your CPU?
Looks like the Intel 610 is all you have based of the specs you listed.
There arent aa lot of choices for you pc. You have a small case and small power supply.
Ill do some research and see if there's anything else that it can handle.

Solution

Bassman999

Prominent
Feb 27, 2021
I think the best you can do is a 1050 ti
Draws 75 watts from the PCI lane directly and is small enough to fit.
Your PSU is 180 watt
CPU draws up to 58 watts
1050ti 75 watts
10-15 watts for fans and ram
You have some headroom still as those numbers are max draw.