[SOLVED] HP Smart creating PDF's that are nearly A1 or A0 in size when original file is in A4

noyaus

Honorable
Jul 15, 2016
I have a HP Officejet 2620 and it has a scanner that will scan A4 pages. I have the HP Smart App installed so I can scan from my printer to my desktop,
I placed an A4 page and on the scan settings I send it through and it scans fine and I press save as PDF. When I open the saved PDF through Adobe Acrobat in the file properties it shows that the page is 26 inches by 34 inches which doesn't make any sense.
Any ideas on resolving this issue?

noyaus

Honorable
Jul 15, 2016
But it won't be 26 inches by 34 inches when it's printed onto A4 paper, will it?

If you think that the file size is too big as well then try scanning at a lower resolution.
It won't be that big when printed but for my uni i submit them online and they mark through Turnitin and in turnitin it doesn't display to them since it's in the original size of 26 by 34 inches. I'm not overly concerned about the file size in term of MB. Just trying to figure out to stop it from enlarging it to A0 size. The scan resolution is 300 dpi.
I've set the page size to Letter and A4 still no effect or change