HP Tablet Running Palm's WebOS Launching Q4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
Interesting, if this Palm WebOS allows me to install my printer, connect a USB DVD writer and put burning software on, allows me to play back any of my torrented TV shows and play Flash games from Candystand...
then
I will buy one

didymus03

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009
I just want an affordable (~$500) tablet that would let me do digital painting on the go. Anyone know of such a device on the market, or coming soon? If it were able to handle some 3d modeling as well that would just make my day.

pollom

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Interesting, if this Palm WebOS allows me to install my printer, connect a USB DVD writer and put burning software on, allows me to play back any of my torrented TV shows and play Flash games from Candystand...thenI will buy one[/citation]

No bit torrent, but you can print via documents to go and play flash games :)

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]SSquirrel[/nom]didymus, people have already been doing that on the iPad[/citation]
Sad yet true.

Wonder when a Windows tablet will come. Having the functionality to remote into my work desktop will monumentally speed up a lot of tasks at work. But knowing my luck, no remote desktop functionality will be added to a Windows tablet, and yet someone will probably design an app for the WebOS/iPad that will. Oh well.

Azriel4444

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
What, Android or CromeOs cost to much? LOL! I understand HP wanting to utilize the properties it just acquired, but I fear they may alienate themselves by embracing it too much. WebOS will end up being costly, just to maintain competitiveness. If it breaks the iPad though, it might be worth it.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]pollom[/nom]No bit torrent, but you can print via documents to go and play flash games[/citation]
I dont want it to bit torrent
I want it to play back videos that I have previously acquired via bit torrent
Therefore
Not be forced to pay for all my video content from iTunes
Also
Print via documents? WTF? Can I install my printer or not?
If I have a bunch of photos I want to be able to edit, crop, remove redeye, preferably after I have installed Photoshop (if it allows me) then I want to be able to attach my USB printer and print them out.
Can it do that?
Yes? Get one
No? Get bent

didymus03

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009
[citation][nom]SSquirrel[/nom]didymus, people have already been doing that on the iPad[/citation]

Thank you for your input. I do realize that one can sketch quite well with an ipad (or ipod touch/iphone for that matter) but I'm more interested in something that can do pinpoint accuracy in drawing. There are styli (what is the plural of stylus anyways?) available for these devices, but I'd prefer a more traditional drawing tablet pen type of tool rather than the blunt sticks available for the current set of apple devices. Sketchbook for the ipad, however, is a pretty full-blown drawing app, I doubt I'd have too many complaints with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.