HP Takes Aim At Apple, Lenovo With Spectre x360 Multimode Ultrabook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear HP,
I appreciate that you are no longer making craptastic laptops with bulkey polkadotted plastic anymore. Surely firing whoever thought that was a good idea was a good move. However, Windows runs just fine on Apple products. Almost all of my professors at school run Windows on their MBPs, all of my designer friends run Windows on their MBPs, and quite literally anyone who wanted a high-end Windows laptop up until ~2 years ago simply purchased a MBP... But contrary to what this seems like, it does not mean that people want MBP devices, it just means that they have not had any other options available to them. In fact, making a MBP clone will not help because those who want a MBP are going to simply buy a MBP and get the excelent hardware support and service that HP will never provide their customers.
But now we have the Acer S7 and Dell XPS13, and those are selling very well simply because they are not MBPs, they are unique, beautiful, powerful machines. Please take a page from their book and have some amount of leadership in the design of your own hardware rather than making crap or clones of other devices.

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
It's not a macbook pro clone it's a clone of Dell's inspiron 7000 13" 2-in-1 laptop spec wise and looks wise which Dell copies macbook pro for looks.

Blazer1985

Honorable
May 21, 2012
Humm MBP as an high end windows pc? The impossibility of using Optimus (not sure if this issue is still present) killed their battery life under Windows. Thermal constraints made them throttle while toasting your thighs at >50c. Glossy screen the only option. Imho these can not be considered pro anymore, since a long time.

"the highest-end device in the lineup brings a Quad HD IPS display and 512 GB of RAM to the table for $1,399.99. "

don't you mean 512GB storage?? Otherwise 512GB ram is a steal at that price, and I'd love to see the density of those chips used and the chipset.

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
While I still have a 17" HP for when I need it (Extreme series i7, 32gb, ssd, 4GB high performance graphics, dreamcolor)... my daily driver is a loaded rMBP, which is only half a step behind the high end HP systems and was quite a bit less expensive... and is about half the weight and half the size (the 17" Zbook is a back wrecker).

Status
Not open for further replies.