Hp vertical lines on my laptop screen

Prianna

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
My laptop (HP Pavilion) is more than 1 year old but was working fine. Then about couple of months back, there appeared ONE vertical line on my screen and I was told that I might have to change the screen!! So I ignored it and continued to work on my laptop. In the past week though there have been more lines appearing and its about 27 on last count.

Please help me delete these lines.

Combat Wombat

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011
I have seen this issue before with Desktops, in most cases its the graphics card getting old and the solder starts to separate, test it on a external screen to identify if this issue is gpu related or screen related. If the screen still have the lines on the external screen its the Graphics card (GPU)

Mikuru

Reputable
Aug 24, 2014
I have only recently had this problem myself. My laptop Hp Pavilion is also about 1 year old now.. and these random lines appear on the screen.. and you move the screen and it goes.. and then you move it again and it does it. I've noticed it only does this on windows based open tabs. Like. File viewer and MS Paint. Looking for a solution.if anyone else knows help us all out ~

Hijabi_Hannah

Reputable
Dec 9, 2014

I have just got a line as well, except my laptop is less than a week old.....