Question HP Victus 16 won't turn on after RAM upgrade

Jan 17, 2023
Hello, I have an HP Victus 16 d509LA . I bought this ram kit from amazon TEAMGROUP T-Create Classic DDR4 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) 3200 MHz (TTCCD432G3200HC22DC-S01) and after installing it the pc will not boot. The power button LED will turn on for 2 seconds and then inmediately turn off, nothing else happens, the pc won't even boot into BIOS. I've tried with my old 16gb kit of mismatched ram and that works, and I've also tried having 8gb and 16gb but it'll only work if they're in a certain orientation. I discovered through HWINFO that apparently one of the slots will only accept samsung branded ram chips, while my other slot is working with my Micron ram. Is this normal?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I've tried with my old 16gb kit of mismatched ram and that works, and I've also tried having 8gb and 16gb but it'll only work if they're in a certain orientation.
What would they be? Please pass on images to the rams that worked prior on the platform.

I have an HP Victus 16 d509LA
Which BIOS version are you working with at this moment of time? HP's support site doesn't bring up anything pertaining to that laptop's model. Perhaps use your serial number on their support site to see what BIOS versions are listed on their support site for your laptop. Once there, if you have BIOS updates pending, update to the latest version. Then disconnect from the wall and remove the battery. Press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds then place one stick of ram into the laptop. Replace the battery and then try powering up. If successful at booting to OS GUI, power down, disconnect battery, reseat the second stick of ram, replace the battery, then power up.

See if that helps.