Question HP Victus temps get higher than my previous laptop ?

oofracer

Reputable
Apr 20, 2020
Hi everyone!

I've just bought a HP Victus 15 gaming laptop, with an AMD Ryzen 5 5600h, RTX 3050ti and 16GB of RAM.

However, compared to my previous laptop, the temps seem to get quite high. At idle, they hover around 50 to 60 degrees Celsius, as the fans only kick in at around 70 degrees.

Under load, the temps get as high as 90 degrees Celsius, with some spikes over 90.

Is this normal for this kind of laptop?

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Is this normal for this kind of laptop?
Yes, very much so.

Gaming laptops are essentially a gimmick, nerfed version of desktop gaming PCs.

Only thing laptop does better than desktop PC, is it's portability. In all other aspects, desktop PC will do better. These include, but are not limited to: cooling, upgrade-ability, customizability.
In laptop, all components are cramped in to a small space, leaving little, if any, room for cooling. And all such "gaming" laptops will run at thermal threshold.

Reactions: oofracer

oofracer

Reputable
Apr 20, 2020
Yes, very much so.

Gaming laptops are essentially a gimmick, nerfed version of desktop gaming PCs.

Only thing laptop does better than desktop PC, is it's portability. In all other aspects, desktop PC will do better. These include, but are not limited to: cooling, upgrade-ability, customizability.
In laptop, all components are cramped in to a small space, leaving little, if any, room for cooling. And all such "gaming" laptops will run at thermal threshold.
thank you for your answer!

Reactions: Aeacus