HP vs ASUS

kahlo08

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013

Ok so I just got it like 30 mins ago and I can tell you that I am really liking it. Obviously the 32GB storage part is scary when you look at specs on the website and all you think about are numbers, but I'm actually really liking it. The laptop is just so quiet because there's no CPU fan and the storage is actually a SSD. It does get slightly warm near the F7,F8,F9 keys but it's really not noticable and it was under heavy load. ( I had a lot of google chrome pages open and I was downloading a lot of stuff too.)
They board was flawless for me, I never had a problem with travel keys or anything in my life with any keyboard, because I get used to any keyboard pretty easily. The screen is a (I believe) TN panel. Viewing angles are poor but I don't care because it's more for college and it's a good thing if people can't see what I'm doing because that would probably annoy me. It's also a bright screen. The trickiest part, I would say, is the touch pad. Well it's probably tricky for only me because I never used a oversized trackpad before but I managed to get used to it in around 10 mins. Only thing I really changed with the trackpad settings is the pointer speed. Because I found it a bit slow. It was also rather easy to set up (thank you windows 8.1). For the keyboard I didn't have any problems too because I make like 1 typo in every 50~ letters I type. Even though I'm used to my desktop keyboard with the numpad and everything over sized. I was also able to easily run youtube videos on 720p. There is some keyboard flex, but really.. Who cares? I mean who smashes his keyboard while typing. As I was typing this review, I was not even noticing any keyboard flex. The audio quality was great ( in my opinion). At first I found the laptop pretty heavy because of it's size, but then I kinda got used to it and it's really not much. I mean I was able to carry it around and put it on my lap without even noticing anything. Once the screen is lifted up and you start carrying the laptop it feels like the weight has been cut in half. (maybe that's just normal science but it did a long time I haven't used a laptop). I don't know if the laptop was already charged when it arrived at my home (I did try powering it on right after the opening the box but it didn't, so I had to plug it in a power source) but when I started charging it it was at like 100% after 20~30 minutes while I was heavily using it. I know it sounds absurd that it charges from 0% to 100% in 20 minutes but I'm just saying in case it's a new type of technology I have never heard of. Keyboard is also pretty quiet. Like I said, I'm not smashing it but simply pressing the keys. Also since it has no fans I find it easier to put it on my lap since I don't have to worry about blocking the airflow or anything. Oh and when the laptop is on my laps and I type pretty quickly and the laptop starts wiggling, the screen stays in place. I know it's a frigging book that I just wrote but I thought that I might as well just give every little details and important stuff (that I think matter) that maybe reviewers didn't say. I'm also probably gonna try some old games I like and let you know how much fps/ what settings I've put them on if you want to know.

kahlo08

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013

Thanks. Also I did try 2 games which are minecraft and s4 league, but performance wasn't SPECTACULAR, well I mean it was a 284$ laptop with tax and I'm gonna use it for college and typing texts, browsing internet and pretty much all I need to do. So yeah it's not gonna be like my desktop with a quad core 3,6ghz and gtx 750 but it can handle multiple web pages and watch videos. Which is pretty much all I need it to do.