HP XE783 is MB a standard MicroATX form factor?

I came across one of these little computers and I found I can order a
new tiny Power Supply (170, 200 or even 250W) with the exact same
dimensions as the old one, but I'd also like to swap-in a new processor
I have lying around. Nothing hot just a 400FSB 1.7GHz Celeron but a lot
more CPU than the P3-class Celeron it has now. I can pick up a used
P4/400FSB microATX motherboard for next to nothing, but I'd like to
know if it will fit before I do a brain change.

Please don't tell me to buy another case, if this project costs more
than $50, I won't do it. (The $50 is basically a doable used MB + PS +
shipping, I have everything else).

HF

Yes, the system uses a plain vanilla microATX motherboard. Make sure that the
tiny power supply has a P4 12v power connector in addition to the usual ATX one.
Pentium 4-class motherboards and some newer AMD-powered ones require it.

.... Ben Myers