Question HP Z400 Liquid Cooling Replacement.

xthatonenamex

Honorable
May 21, 2018
Hi, I currently have the 6-DIMM version of the Z400 workstation. I also have the liquid cooling solution (LCS) inside of it. I was wondering if it was possible to change the liquid or whatever they use inside the LCS. And also the liquid inside of it is most likely over several years old. And if it is so please tell me what kind of liquid to use and how to disassemble it. Thanks.

Heres a link of some pictures of what it looks like https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01829132

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
If the unit is working as is, I'd ask you to not touch it in anyway except for blowing/blasting compressed air through the fins on the radiators. The AIo you have is made by Asetek and apparently they can run without any fluid maintenance unless ofc you're seeing bad temps which might be possible due to dusty radiator or the pump failing or the loss of liquid from the AIO. In short, no the AIO is not easily serviceable and you'd need to invest about 60USD to replace the same AIO with something more concurrent in the market(although it's still Asetek built hardware).

xthatonenamex

Honorable
May 21, 2018
If the unit is working as is, I'd ask you to not touch it in anyway except for blowing/blasting compressed air through the fins on the radiators. The AIo you have is made by Asetek and apparently they can run without any fluid maintenance unless ofc you're seeing bad temps which might be possible due to dusty radiator or the pump failing or the loss of liquid from the AIO. In short, no the AIO is not easily serviceable and you'd need to invest about 60USD to replace the same AIO with something more concurrent in the market(although it's still Asetek built hardware).

OK, thank you for your reply. I'm not sure if the LCS is proprietary on the Z400 machines. Could you link me to an LCS that would fit the Z400? Thanks