[SOLVED] HP2207 stopped working, shows briefly changing display settings.

ourselfish

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
I have an HP2207 from years ago, so its old, it may just have worn out. I'm using it in portrait mode with a new 32" Samsung QLED. It stopped working this morning while I was using the PC. I'm on Windows 10 x64, I'm using a GeForce 1070ti, the adaptor says its working and is using the latest driver. When I change display modes from extended displays to just the Samsung, and back again it works for a second or two then goes dark again. So I know its getting signal and power. Ive also just checked to see if it wiggled loose but that doesn't seem to be the case. Same if I power it off then power it back on the image appears for a second or two, then goes dark.

This is the main monitor since my bios flashes on this screen during start up, and restarts but I've set the Samsung as monitor 1. I'm not really sure where else to go. I downloaded driver easy freeware and it said there was an update for the GPU, but I don't trust it since when I open the driver panel and check for updates it says I'm up to date. I also have GeForce Experience and theres no updates there either. I've since uninstalled driver easy, without making any changes but thats neither here nor there.

Any troubleshooting suggestions would be appreciated.
Could the DVI port on the GPU be disabled some how?
Are there other drivers I can check, would appreciate some feedback anyhow about driver easy if anyone likes it. It's a 20 pin DVI connector to the GPU with an HDMI going into the device.

Windows 10 Pro
Z390 Aorus Master
i7 9700k 3.60Mhz
32GB Ram G Skill Trident RGB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti

Last edited:
Solution
I solved the issue by uninstalling Display Fusion. 9.5.

I purchased Display Fusion Pro, what the hell, installing through steam updated to 9.6 lifetime key.

ourselfish

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
I solved the issue by uninstalling Display Fusion. 9.5.

I purchased Display Fusion Pro, what the hell, installing through steam updated to 9.6 lifetime key.

Last edited:
Solution