HP9000 D220 SCSI Disk (controller) and DLT problem

I have a HP9000 D220 server and need more disk space. I have a 36GB SCSI
disk (part number D33019), but this disk does not seem to work with the scsi
controller (A2874-66005). Does anyone know if it is possible to get this
disk working in the d220? I probably need another scsi controller, but which
type? Any other alternatives are welcome. With the current scsi controller,
my DLT tape drive (DLT7000, part# c5658a) also does not work. Maybu this
problem will also be solved with another controller?

Thanks,
Albert

Harrie_Nak wrote:

> I have a HP9000 D220 server and need more disk space. I have a 36GB SCSI
> disk (part number D33019), but this disk does not seem to work with the scsi
> controller (A2874-66005). Does anyone know if it is possible to get this
> disk working in the d220? I probably need another scsi controller, but which
> type? Any other alternatives are welcome. With the current scsi controller,
> my DLT tape drive (DLT7000, part# c5658a) also does not work. Maybu this
> problem will also be solved with another controller?

Your problem is most likely a scsi interface type mismatch. According to
http://www.openpa.net/systems/ultralight.html, your D220 is equipped with a
"SCSI-2 Fast-narrow single-ended bus", not with a "SCSI-2 Fast-wide high voltage
differential (HVD) bus"

Most scsi-interfaces can interconnect, even narrow and wide can be hooked
together with a tweaked cable. Unfortunatly, terms like 'differential' (and high
voltage?) must match.