HP's Tablet/Laptop Hybrid Envy x2 Launching in January

Status
Not open for further replies.

GabZDK

Honorable
Aug 12, 2012
[citation][nom]mcd023[/nom]Gah! Why won't anyone make a convertible with an i series cpu besides the surface pro![/citation]

Cuase then everybody will say that there are Uberoverpriced, that who needs that much firepower and things along those lines

The other side of convertibles (from laptop to tablet, not from tablet to laptop) DO have i series processors: XPS DUO 12, VAIO DUO 11, and so on, but they (vaio duo) go from $1200 to $1500.

joepaiii

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2011
I don't care about the intel cpu, I want a 1080p display with 10 hour battery life, instant on and days of standby time.

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
- Resolution sucks
- Base model is 2GB RAM (god awful)
- almost 1 pound heavier than a same sized Macbook Air and greatly underpowered
- design is horrible

This is why HP is a company is decaying before our eyes the past 5 years.

xpeh

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
[citation][nom]wemakeourfuture[/nom]- Resolution sucks- Base model is 2GB RAM (god awful)- almost 1 pound heavier than a same sized Macbook Air and greatly underpowered- design is horribleThis is why HP is a company is decaying before our eyes the past 5 years.[/citation]

- Yes, the resolution does suck
- 2GB of RAM isn't bad
- It's a tablet/laptop hybrid. Something Apple probably wouldn't do in the near future
- I think the design looks good

kensingtron

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011
[citation][nom]mcd023[/nom]Gah! Why won't anyone make a convertible with an i series cpu besides the surface pro![/citation]

Samsung/Asus/Lenovo all have convertibles with i3/5/7's. Um yep...

Uberragen21

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]2GB RAM? Keep it. 8GB minimum on anything running x86 code. ...and at least 1440x900. Why can't they get this correct?[/citation]
You do realize x86 code is 32 bit? The maximum memory supported by 32 bit coding is 4GB. I agree 2GB is a little small for Win 8, but you won't find this chip running x64 software anytime soon; it only supports 32 bit...
http://ark.intel.com/products/70105/Intel-Atom-Processor-Z2760-1MB-Cache-1_80-GHz

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
[citation][nom]Uberragen21[/nom]You do realize x86 code is 32 bit? The maximum memory supported by 32 bit coding is 4GB. I agree 2GB is a little small for Win 8, but you won't find this chip running x64 software anytime soon; it only supports 32 bit... http://ark.intel.com/products/7010 [...] e-1_80-GHz[/citation]

They need these to be 8GB, to produce a sub-par product and expect it to do well is exactly why HP is turning into a complete joke of a company.

ChromeTusk

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2010
I hope you guys can benchmark this when it comes out. I'd like to see the differences between this "tablet/laptop hybrid" vs "convertible laptop".

victorintelr

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
[citation][nom]wemakeourfuture[/nom]- Resolution sucks- Base model is 2GB RAM (god awful)- almost 1 pound heavier than a same sized Macbook Air and greatly underpowered- design is horribleThis is why HP is a company is decaying before our eyes the past 5 years.[/citation]
we all understand your isheepness, however though you'll won't understand, this product is for a different type of audience than those that use a macbook pro. Yes, he amount of RAM sucks but, it has nothing to do with a mac, and we don't know how long will it take to apple to produce a similar computer (if they do) so, no comparison at all. however I think that the only slate that is worth buying is the surface pro: the resolution and processor is more worth te price than all of these overpriced slates/tablet PCs. HP is not decaying just for this reason.

victorintelr

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
We all understand your isheepness, however the market for these type of tablet PCs are different than the macbook pro. The only slate that is worth buying is the surface pro. 1080p resolution, i5 processor, wacom capabilities, 4GB is just enough. the pricetag? a little steep but is the same or worse for the macs. Will apple create a slate? we don't know. You remind me th guy of the IE hater ad

Status
Not open for further replies.