HT Omega Striker 7.1 Issues

Max99

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
Hello,

I recently installed a HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card (with a front panel connection and the associated driver) and have been experiencing start-up problems since then. When I turn on my computer it begins to boot, stops, and then notifies me of an overclocking failure. If I then select the option to boot with default settings I experience no further problems. I am not sure why I am receiving this message as I have never attempted to overclock any part of my system. Before installing the new sound card I disabled my on-board sound via BIOS and uninstalled the existing SoundMax driver and control panel. Aside from the overclocking error message on start-up the sound card appears to be in working order. Oh, and somehow the date and time were reset after I installed the HT Omega driver (possibly related?). Any advice on how to proceed or thoughts on how to resolve the issue would be appreciated. Thanks.

CPU: Intel i7-920
GPU: EVGA Classified Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 Ti 448 Cores Ultra
RAM: 6GB DDR3
MOBO: ASUS X58 P6T Deluxe Ver 2
PSU: 1000W OEM

Idonno

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
It's really hard to say what the exact issue is. HT Omega's drivers are usually pretty solid however, in my experience sound card drivers are more likely to have compatibility issues than any other drivers.

The first thing I would do is run "Driver Sweeper" in safe mode and do a sweep of all sound drivers including any your GTX 560 might have then reboot and install the HT Omega drivers. Make sure you Download the latest from HT Omega's web site.

If that is successful you can then reinstall your video card's sound drivers and make sure every thing still works all right. If there is still a conflict simply disabling them in device manager might do the trick. In-fact you might want to try that first anyway.

If none of the above work a clean install (of everything) might be necessary. Install the sound card drivers directly after installing windows and before any of your video card's drivers. Sometimes driver conflicts arise simply because of the order in which they are installed.

That should do the trick, if not a good free trouble-shooting tool is "SIV64X" :sol: