HTC Announces HTC One with UltraPixel Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

"This features uses HTC's new UltraPixel camera, which features an f/2.0 aperture lens and a " breakthrough sensor with UltraPixels that gather 300 percent more light than traditional smartphone camera sensor."

Marketing rubbish, they are simply going back to a 4Mp sensor that runs 2.0 micron pixels (as opposed to 1 micron pixel on the One X 8Mp sensor)

Larger sensor pixel, smaller picture resolution, this is not breakthrough technology, it has been around since the days of digital sensors, the Nikon D800 is a very good example of this refined!

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
looks liek no replacable battery and with no expandable memory... if this is thier idea of improvements then keep it, the evo was nice so was the evo 3d... but lackign these two key features they are not going to attract marketshare gains

Microgoliath

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
[citation][nom]g00fysmiley[/nom]looks liek no replacable battery and with no expandable memory... if this is thier idea of improvements then keep it, the evo was nice so was the evo 3d... but lackign these two key features they are not going to attract marketshare gains[/citation]

I don't get it, everyone loves the Nexus 4 with a non-removable battery @ 2100 mAh and no expandable storage yet here comes HTC with the exact same except a bigger and better and people bitch.

[citation][nom]moricon[/nom]"This features uses HTC's new UltraPixel camera, which features an f/2.0 aperture lens and a " breakthrough sensor with UltraPixels that gather 300 percent more light than traditional smartphone camera sensor."Marketing rubbish, they are simply going back to a 4Mp sensor that runs 2.0 micron pixels (as opposed to 1 micron pixel on the One X 8Mp sensor)Larger sensor pixel, smaller picture resolution, this is not breakthrough technology, it has been around since the days of digital sensors, the Nikon D800 is a very good example of this refined![/citation]
Yeah, I would not call the Nikon D800 rubbish... The fact that this manufacturer is implementing technology validated by DSLRs is encouraging to me.

[citation][nom]Microgoliath[/nom]I don't get it, everyone loves the Nexus 4 with a non-removable battery @ 2100 mAh and no expandable storage yet here comes HTC with the exact same except a bigger and better and people bitch.[/citation]
Well, considering that this phone has LTE radios, this small bump in battery capacity might get quickly negated by the power-hungry radios. That would be my main beef with it; the on-board storage is more than enough for anyone.
Nexus 4 gets a break because it's a developer's darling, and everyone that got it is considering having the latest version of the OS paramount. IF this device is developer-friendly (no locked-up bootloaders, open-sourced kernel, etc) then it will get as much love as the Nexus.
Only potential problem, the next Motorola comes up with a Google phone, then Moto gets all the attention instead of HTC.

lucidrainbow

Honorable
Sep 15, 2012
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]Well, considering that this phone has LTE radios, this small bump in battery capacity might get quickly negated by the power-hungry radios. That would be my main beef with it; the on-board storage is more than enough for anyone.Nexus 4 gets a break because it's a developer's darling, and everyone that got it is considering having the latest version of the OS paramount. IF this device is developer-friendly (no locked-up bootloaders, open-sourced kernel, etc) then it will get as much love as the Nexus. Only potential problem, the next Motorola comes up with a Google phone, then Moto gets all the attention instead of HTC.[/citation]

Not to mention that the Nexus 4 is SO MUCH CHEAPER!!! D:

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]Microgoliath[/nom]I don't get it, everyone loves the Nexus 4 with a non-removable battery @ 2100 mAh and no expandable storage yet here comes HTC with the exact same except a bigger and better and people bitch.[/citation]

Nexus 4 is a Nexus phone for one, and two is 300 dollars OFF contract.

lassik

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2010
I'm glad they're quashing the megapixel "more is better" crap.

99% of us view images at 1080p (which is only 2MP), we don't need 8MP or 13MP low quality images.
I'd rather have a higher quality 4MP image.

Status
Not open for further replies.