[SOLVED] HTc Desire 530 Discharge

Orphus2000

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013
Ok my sister has a htc desire 530 and just recently it began to discharge...when i plug in the wall adapter or use a usb adapter instead of it saying charging it says it's discharging and the battery indicator has a red arrow pointing down in it..When I completely turn it off and plug in the charger the indicator shows it's charging and after a minute when i click on the power button to check it's progress the indicator now has an red exclamation mark thru it...Now if I completely turn it off and use my computers usb to charge it , it has to be turned on "not on while plugging it in " But has to be plugged into the usb then turned on. Then i get on the phone itself a open warning that the phone is being charged too slowly and suggests that i use the wall charger in order to quickly recharge the phone

I was thinking that the battery was going and might have to replace it but when it's charged after 12 hours on the computers usb it stays charged for the same amount of time that it did when she first got it..
They said to change adapters cause it could be the charger to blame, which I did.. But i used the same charger with the same phone i own and it has no problems charging...

I was thinking on letting the battery go completely dry and try and charge it again after a few days....Anyone have any Ideal how to fix this ?

Solution
I would try to factory reset the phone. Remember to have a backup if necessary.

If you still have the problem.
  1. Check if you have warranty on the phone, it can usually vary from 1-2 years.
  2. If warranty has expired, do you have insurance on phone, maybe use that.
  3. Are you comfortable with replacing hardware? Seems like you can replace it on your own, IFIXIThas a guide on it. (this will remove the warranty on the phone if you have it)
  4. Buy a new phone

Yonose

Distinguished
I would try to factory reset the phone. Remember to have a backup if necessary.

If you still have the problem.
  1. Check if you have warranty on the phone, it can usually vary from 1-2 years.
  2. If warranty has expired, do you have insurance on phone, maybe use that.
  3. Are you comfortable with replacing hardware? Seems like you can replace it on your own, IFIXIThas a guide on it. (this will remove the warranty on the phone if you have it)
  4. Buy a new phone

Solution