HTC DNA Showcased in Leaked Photo

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
So let me get this straight: The Droid name is a 'Verizon' thing, not a 'Motorola' thing? Weird...

Droid. Droid 2. Droid Bionic... All Motorola...

cercuitspark

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012
[citation][nom]jacobdrj[/nom]So let me get this straight: The Droid name is a 'Verizon' thing, not a 'Motorola' thing? Weird...Droid. Droid 2. Droid Bionic... All Motorola...[/citation]

The HTC Droid Incredible and the HTC Droid Incredible 2...

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
[citation][nom]cercuitspark[/nom]The HTC Droid Incredible and the HTC Droid Incredible 2...[/citation]
Ahh, I was not aware of those phones. I stand corrected...

jdog2pt0

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
*sigh* I wish they'd release some of these super-phones with a damn keyboard. My Samsung Stratosphere is nice, but it doesn't really hold a candle to anything made recently. (I don't like what Motorola has to offer)

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
[citation][nom]huggles12[/nom]1920x1080 phones, 2560x1600 tablets ....... But still 1366x768 notebooks.[/citation]

There's quite a few 1080p PC laptops around.
MacBook Pros are beyond 1080p too.

But I do agree overall, the desktop and laptop market is falling way beyond the mobile sector in terms of progress in screen PPI

psimitry1

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2009
[citation][nom]chuckydb[/nom]Adroid 4.0....Wake up HTC, we're almost at 4.2.No wonder they keep losing sales.[/citation]

There's actually a lot of speculation on which version of Android will ship with this unit. The J-Butterfly will ship with 4.1, so it's not unreasonable to assume that the DNA will as well. However, Verizon's software validation standards are so insanely (needlessly) strict that it's POSSIBLE it could ship with 4.0.

It's kind of a shame too because for a brief time it was rumored that this unit would also be the Nexus 5 on Verizon and other networks, which would have shipped with 4.2.

basketcase87

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
[citation][nom]huggles12[/nom]1920x1080 phones, 2560x1600 tablets ....... But still 1366x768 notebooks.[/citation]
The phones and tablets you're referring to are the top of the line displays. The notebooks you're referring to are the cheap displays on notebooks that cost less than some of the aforementioned phones and tablets. There are plenty of laptops above 1366x768, I even have a 7 yr old laptop that's 1920x1200...

[citation][nom]basketcase87[/nom]The phones and tablets you're referring to are the top of the line displays. The notebooks you're referring to are the cheap displays on notebooks that cost less than some of the aforementioned phones and tablets. There are plenty of laptops above 1366x768, I even have a 7 yr old laptop that's 1920x1200...[/citation]

me too

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
to bad the bloatware that comes with the phone slows it down....that's the reason why i got myself an iphone5....battery life is amazing....and it's fast, very fast

psimitry1

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2009
In Android 4.0 you can actually disable that bloatware so that it not only doesn't use up memory but doesn't show up in your Apps list either.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]to bad the bloatware that comes with the phone slows it down....that's the reason why i got myself an iphone5....battery life is amazing....and it's fast, very fast[/citation]
The SGS3 is fast, very fast too. My wife has an iPhone5. It is nice but that screen is just kinda small by today's standards. The SGS3's screen size makes web browsing a little nicer even if the iPhone's screen is a bit sharper.

[citation][nom]Nakecat[/nom]No wondering their business sink.... verizon exclusive... haven't they learned?[/citation]
HTC has been releasing similar phones with different names for the different carriers for a while now. It may be hurting their marketing by having more phones out there under different names, but all the carriers end up with almost the same phone.

psimitry1

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2009
Exactly - although this is sad. The One S became the Incredible 4G LTE on Verizon, the One X became the EVO 4G LTE on Sprint. It's a shame because in an effort to cater to the largest carriers (or rather THE largest carrier, and a smaller carrier), HTC's own branding is diminished. Samsung is large enough that they can strongarm the carriers (only Apple can claim that kind of muscle).

The carriers, on the other hand, have HTC, LG and pretty much all of the smaller phone makers over a barrel: You want to be able to sell your phone for our network? Fine. This is what you must do for us.

DSpider

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
Just what is their obsession with physical buttons?

I like some of their designs, but I turn my head away as soon as I see the buttons.

ntgam1ng

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
[citation][nom]DSpider[/nom]Just what is their obsession with physical buttons?I like some of their designs, but I turn my head away as soon as I see the buttons.[/citation]

Call me crazy but I like the idea of having all my screen resolution to actually display content on the screen, having buttons on the screen it self is imo a bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.