HTC Launches Vive Accessories Store, Replacement Parts Available Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Fx

Reputable
Jan 2, 2015
The headline made me think I'd be able to get my Vive fully working again, despite HTCs horrible customer service. No such luck.

I gave up on support, and tried to get a second Vive for parts, but their extremely restrictive delivery policies made delivery impossible.

I'll become an ex-HTC customer the moment another company releases a fully-functioning room-scale system without the occlusion problem Oculus Touch has. I'm sure I'm not the only person who's had enough of HTC.

problematiq

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015

Man that sucks, I've been a happy customer. What happened to yours?

kcarbotte

Contributing Writer
Editor
Mar 24, 2015

What's wrong with your Vive?
If it's a broken controller or lighthouse you will be able to buy those soon. Apparently they are listed on the UK version of the website already.

Jeff Fx

Reputable
Jan 2, 2015
I have a broken controller from trying to fix it myself after breaking it on the ceiling while playing Holoball, and a lighthouse with a failed laser. I can still play Rift Xbox-controller games without issues, but most Vive games are unplayable with one controller, and all Vive room-scale games are tricky to play with a single lighthouse. The Vive is spectacular, it's just that the support is terrible.

When controllers and lighthouses become available at retail, I'll buy two of each - I hate that my Vive is partially down, but I fear that their accessory store will have the same shipping problems as they caused when shipping the Vive. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised and they're more reasonable.

I ordered a controller from the business page when it was briefly available weeks ago. They have my money, but I have not heard anything about shipping. I'm still hoping it'll arrive some day.

How do you block-quote when replying here?

Jeff Fx

Reputable
Jan 2, 2015

Thanks. Someone else sent me a private message telling me about that right after I asked. This is a helpful community.

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
A friend of mines controller went out after only owning the Vive for a month. We tried troubleshooting it over their phone support to no avail. Tried hard resetting (all buttons for several seconds), copying the firmware from the good one to the bad one (connected as USB drive after all button reset). The bad one has extremely slow or no performance and according to my friend this just happened suddenly. I am thinking that maybe the radio portion of the BT went out.

Anyway, he sent it in and Vive wants $100 to fix it. I would think they would have just replaced or fixed it under warranty, but they said the warranty was limited whatever that means (my friend actually had the conversation with them for sending it in)

Joseph_89

Commendable
Jul 4, 2016
Don't let them push you around. Start calling into the home office and ask to talk to Marketing or the Office manager who typically has access to the executives.

Status
Not open for further replies.