HTC Launching Viveport Subscription Model

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsmedatguy

Honorable
Aug 25, 2016

I love mine, definitely worth it. Sure, it feels like first gen VR with the less than ideal resolution, but I had some people over last night and had a blast with Superhot in VR for a couple hours

problematiq

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015

Had a VR party lastnight with the Vive with people from age 12 to 65, all of them thought it was amazing and at least 3 are going to buy a VR set because of it.

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
I think this is a case of HTC putting the cart before the horse. VR is still a very much niche product. The cost of games isn't a problem, after all if you're looking at games you already spent $800 on the headset and at least another $600 on the hardware to run that headset.

VR still has a few teething pains to work out. First its too expensive, I know a lot of gamers that are interested but the price isn't worth it. Second it requires a lot of space, space that some of us just don't have. Third, it has some of the same problems that 3D movies have, forced perspective and hardware that doesn't adjust for everyone. For myself I get headaches and Nausea after 30 minutes of using a VR headset. A lot of other people have the same problem. There are other problems but these are the big ones.

I hope HTC, Oculus, Sony, and everyone else get the bugs worked out because I wouldn't mind picking one up as soon as the technology reached maturity.

hdmark

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2015

ya im really tempted to get one. i should start lookign at some benchmarks. i know the min is a 970 (which i have) but im not sure itll give me what im looking for or if ill just want to buy closer to a 1070 right away

Status
Not open for further replies.