HTC May Be Behind Google's 8-inch Tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
It is nice to see HTC and Google teaming up again. HTC was the one who gave Google their shot in the mobile market when they made the first Android phone the G1.

I cant wait to see this.

InvalidError

Titan
The choice between the N7v1 and anything else was pretty simple since almost nothing else came anywhere near the 16GB N7v1 at the $200 price point. When the N7v2 launched, it was $225 while the N7v1 was down to $170 but on top of that, there was also a flood of devices with features and prices everywhere in-between so picking a winner was no longer such a clear-cut thing.

And then there are people like me who bought multiple N7v2 and ran into technical issues with ALL of them so we gave up on owning one, which does not help either. I have a first-gen N7 and it still works fine as far as I can tell after ~20 months.

vaughn2k

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
The problem that Google is anticipating, and always one step forward, is because, Microsoft has the ground on PC OS. the integration on mobile with PC is kinda suck till now. Even theWP 8 to Windows 8 for PC does not have a direct integration, WP 8.1 and Winddows 8.1 might be the solution. I guess this is the reason Google is very agressive on this. Holding the Dual Boot OS from Asus might also pave a way for people to figure out that we can have both OS running on the same device...

tntom

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
The LG G-Pad 8.4 GPE has been high on my list for my next tablet. Unless the N8 blows it away but when I get the money I do not think I will wait for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.