HTC One (M8) Cloned, Now Offers Windows Phone 8.1 Too

Status
Not open for further replies.

red77star

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013
Problem #1 Exclusive only for Verizon
Problem #2 Weak Camera
Makes me wonder how well this will sell considering it has Windows Phone but that's the whole point of it.

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
Wait is Windows Phone even compatible with MHL? Back when I was using a Windows Phone 7 one of my biggest gripe was no HDMI or video mirroring support at that time, hope that has changed.

dovah-chan

Honorable
Problem #1 Exclusive only for Verizon
Problem #2 Weak Camera
Makes me wonder how well this will sell considering it has Windows Phone but that's the whole point of it.

I own an M8 and the camera is wonderful. It might not have the raw amount of pixels backing it like other high end phones do, but I'd take a stable and shake-free image over a phone that requires a tripod to stablize it enough to take a decent picture. The front facing camera is the best I've used as well. I also like that you can change the focus after you take the picture as well.

The only thing I don't like about the phone is not even with the phone itself. It's the dot view case. It's terrible. It makes the phone nearly unusable for me when its on. I'm thankful its so easy to slip on and off. But jeez its so annoying when I'm using my phone and my hand slips a bit and the case cover flaps over my screen.

Zeroplanetz

Honorable
Jul 26, 2013
Whiteodian- ATT has stated that they will get it. They just didn't say when. So that means that its only a timed exclusive to Verizon. So id say 3 to 6 months at most.

dovah-chan

Honorable

Well that would require first rooting the phone itself (or having an unlocked developer edition).

Then I'd assume you'd need access to Windows assets and firmware to make the parts compatible with it. There could also be a firmware updates that we don't have access to. Changing operating systems on phones has always been a touchy subject. Although this isn't as dramatic as iOS to android since its on the same hardware set. So its feasible I suppose. On my M8 I am extremely pleased with android and have no intentions of switching to a windows phone.

waethorn

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
I am really considering the windows phone, I have a Galaxy S3, it works pretty good but I heard WP is fast.

WP IS fast. This is why Microsoft didn't bother to support multi-core ARM SoC's until just recently. Android is just slow. The upside is that ARM has accelerated their designs to support quad and octo-core processors, so at least WP can benefit from the extra speed. Android on a quad-core only performs like WP8 on a dual though.

ayazahmad1

Reputable
Mar 31, 2014
Windows Phones perform faster than any other OS phones but I love Android phones more than IOS and than Windows OS.
I read first about HTC One M8 Windows Phone at http://blog.hafeezcentre.pk/htc-one-m8-windows-phone/.

Status
Not open for further replies.